Friday, January 21, 2011

Dress Dilemma

School is canceled again. This means I've spent all morning browsing wedding related websites in my pjs. Soon it will be time to get ready and face a day of planning lessons. But right now, I have a mini dilemma.

I'm wearing my grandmother's wedding dress from 1949 to my wedding ceremony. My fiancé's grandmother has offered to re-stitch the entire dress as the cotton thread has worn out. Then we'll be able to get it cleaned and I'll really be able to try it on and model it. It seems to fit quite well, but the button loops up the back are so worn out I haven't been able to really see how it will look. I'm trusting that it's going to be beautiful though looking at pictures of my grandmother and the picture on the pattern:

 However, as you can see, the dress has a wonderful long train and long sleeves. Something July is not going to go well with. Rather than alter the dress, I've chosen to wear it only for the ceremony, display it at the reception, and take my pictures in a different reception dress.

I ordered a dress from David's Bridal that I really like. It's simple, A-line, strapless, very flattering, and no train. Here it is:


However, in my wedding browsing I just stumbled across a wonderful little dress from The Limited:

I've already purchased the gown from David's Bridal (though it was fairly inexpensive to begin with). I think I might wait to see if any really good offers happen with The Limited. If I can get it for $150 (it's originally $228) I might just order it and decide later.

Dilemma though it may be, I enjoy the options. Now let's just hope there's no dilemma with my grandmother's dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment